Tuesday, June 20, 2017

We have rain storage!

Three more 275 gallon IBC totes were acquired today at a whopping $12. total, yes TWELVE DOLLARS, the price of scrap zinc today being $4 per 50lb. That's a grand total of $17. for all four. Blessings for the community orchard to be sure!  They will be linked together and collect 1,100 gallons of rain water from the gym roof to supply a drip irrigation system that will be in the works soon.


There's a story to go along with these today.  On my morning delivery route, some totes were noticed along the highway at a "smart mart".  I stopped and asked how much. $50. said the girl. Okay and thanks said I and went along my way.  Smart me! 

That's kind of mid range for these, having seen them for as little as $30. upwards to $100., depending on what was in them and the quality.

After lunch I delivered to the same place the first tank was acquired months ago.  They had three more, single use in perfect condition  and the fella said they were about to be chopped up for the metal scrap if I didn't want them since they were taking up space.  Here they are, courtesy of Mike Copher at Shamrock Bolt & Screw who let me borrow the work flatbed to get them to the site.

Whoever doesn't believe there's a God who provides ways and means for His people to get things done according to His purpose, is missing out on a lot of good things!  Still a lot of work involved but He instructed them many years ago to dig ditches, the rain would come.  I'm trusting He will continue with us to completion of the orchard and there will be much fruit!

Noticed while there, somebody started another tree spot...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated so spammers need not waste their time.